Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Lush Cosmetics Dragon's Egg Bath Bomb Review

Before I begin this review, I must confess that I am a huge Lush junkie. I am constantly buying and testing their products and will have many reviews here about them. If you've never tried Lush before, I highly recommend it for both girls and guys!
I tried the Dragon's Egg bath bomb recently and was very pleased by the results. To begin, it was a bit larger than an average bath bomb at Lush. The woman in the store told me it was sherbet scented and contained glitter, which was a couple of the many reasons I purchased it.

After I drew a hot bath, I popped in the bath bomb and waited for the magic to begin.
It took a long time to completely fizz out, maybe five minutes in total. As the bomb melted away, colored gel circles floated into the tub. I realized they were meant to represent dragon scales. How cool is that?
Once I reached the center of the bomb, I was pleased to see that there was a large pocket of liquidy gold glitter. It melted into the bath water and mixed in quickly.
Once I got out of the bath water, I realized there was a lot of gold glitter left on my body. If you're the type of person who does not like body glitter, I advise you to steer clear of this product!
After I drained the tub, there was some glitter stuck at the bottom. I ran the shower with cold water for a few moments to clean it out.
I would definitely repurchase this product again!
Final thoughts:
Likes: presentation of the product. The concept of dragon scales and gold glitter was very creative and fun. I also liked that the mess was easy to clean up, unlike other products I've tried from Lush.
Dislikes: Nothing!
Rating: 9/10

If you're interested in a Dragon's Egg bath bomb, they're available at Lush  for $4.95.

No comments:

Post a Comment